The last couple weeks have been exactly that: a whirlwind. I’ve just gotten over lying on my back for four days straight with sickness. It’s good to be alive again. It’s also good to be a Cowboys fan.
I helped move the Porches into Uptown Dallas yesterday. They have a great place with a great view. It will be perfect for throwing parties for the lost. I’m particularly excited about times of prayer with them on the patio that overlooks Uptown’s West Village. One more thing: Ryan Porche is such a good man. Let’s just say that practically no part of their moving experience went according to his well-conceived plan (not for any fault of his own). He remained gracious and calm in his interactions with people through it all.
The Porches’ move makes me think of points of prayer for the transition that has already begun. Please join us in praying that:
- The Porches will continue to transition smoothly into their new home
- They’ll make significant first impressions with their new neighbors
- The Kisers will find a great housing option and be able to move in the first week of February
- God would stir in the hearts of the lost and broken we’ll come into contact with
- God would continue his work of spiritual formation in our own hearts
- God would raise up partners in the gospel to join us in starting the new church
- God would continue to put resource people in our path to teach us about Dallas
- God would provide financially for our remaining project costs
Here’s the picture that’s on my desktop currently. It’s one of my favorite pictures of Ryan. You can read the story behind it on Julie’s blog.